Pages

10 January 2007

New PT

I'm working with a new physical therapist who puts a heating pad on me and gives me ultrasound before making me walk around and watch myself. She explained that I am not transferring weight to my left hip, probably because I have bad habits, and that's why my walk looks so pathetic. She makes me walk thoughtfully on the basketball court while she watches. And then I go to the pool to try to emulate the walk by myself in water, where it's easier because I only weigh ten pounds.

I heard that a (male) friend of mine had a hip replacement on December 7 and is already walking without a cane. Made me feel bad. But I bet he had the minimally invasive kind, and doesn't have my back issues or my bad walking habits. It's not a competition.

Onward and upward, working those muscles.

No comments: